Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in therapeutic benefits. Arborvitae essential oil has a high content of tropolones, a group of chemical compounds that protect against environmental and seasonal threats, have powerful purifying properties, and promote healthy cell function. Hinokitiol, one of the tropolones in Arborvitae, protects the body from harmful elements while supporting normal cell activity. This compound also contributes to Arborvitae’s natural insect repellent properties.
Thujic acid, another tropolone found in Arborvitae, has been studied for its ability to protect against common threats in the environment. Native to Canada, all parts of the Arborvitae tree were used extensively by Native Americans for health benefits and for building vessels, totem poles, baskets, and clothing.
Because of its natural preserving properties, Arborvitae prevents wood from rotting, which makes it popular in woodcraft and for preserving natural wood surfaces. The sourcing arrangements for this oil are done in an innovative, environmentally-responsible way through the distillation of residual wood materials to ensure no trees are unnecessarily harvested for production.
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- Promotes healthy cell function
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Natural insect replant and wood preservative
- Apply 1-2 drops to areas of concern on the skin.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands to protect against environmental threats.
- Apply to pulse points to promote healthy cell function.
- Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.